Cascada de Peguche
The Peguche Waterfall is a beautiful indigenous spiritual site in the north very close to Otavalo.
Here you can enjoy a beautiful waterfall within its landscape. The community offers its products and crafts in the tourist center.
Also with children the excursion to the Peguche Waterfall is worth it.
- San Miguel de Ibarra, the "White City", is the capital of the province of Imbabura. Ibarra is known for its handycrafts in wood and lether, its "arrope de mora" (blackberry syrup) and its "helados de paila (homemade icecream).
PLACES TO VISIT
- The Otavalo fair is one of the most important in Ecuador. Wool and cattail handicrafts.
- Santa Marta de Atuntaqui, is cantonal head of Cantón Antonio Ante. Traditionally it is a canton of textile and agricultural production. Known are the straw hat crafts. One of the culinary offerings is paila ice cream and fries with corn and beans.
- Santa Ana de Cotacachi is known for its leather crafts. There is an interesting culinary offer. Cotacachi deserves to be known also for its proximity to the Cotacachi Cayapas Ecological Reserve with the famous Laguana de Cuycocha.
Artesanías en la Cascada del Peguche cerca de Otavalo
Provincia de Imbabura
Other destinies, cities y sites
- Imbabura has more than 20 beautiful lagoons, one of the best known is the San Pablo lagoon near Otavalo; near Ibarra the Yahuarcocha lagoon; The Cuicocha lagoon near Cotacachi
- Sitting on the Pucara de Curiloma hill, close to the City of Otavalo, at 2,800 meters above sea level, is the Parque Cóndor. The bird of prey shelter offers a space for environmental education, and offers free flight exhibitions for birds from 11:30 to 16:30. Attention Hours: Tuesday to Sunday and Holidays from 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- The Cotacachi Cayapas Ecological Reserve is accessible from the Cotacachi city. The Reserve has an area of 204,420 ha.